Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My own Stars Hollow

Have I mentioned yet my completely impractical infatuation with the Gilmore Girls?
I got my mom addicted too, which was fairly easy considering its a show all about mothers, and my mom now being a single mother can relate to a lot of it.

But the part I love about it is not so much the characters (although I adore them, especially the zany side-characters like Kirk, Patty, and Babette...yes, I said zany), not the characters, but really Stars Hollow itself.


This is Lorelai's house in the show, which is also rougly the same type of house I've dreamed of having since I was about 5. I've always loved a good wrap-around porch.
The town of Stars Hollow itself was just so quaint and whimsical...so well set up (obviously because it is in fact a set), I just want to find a place just like it and live there myself.

Some may argue that the only reason the town was so ideal was because of the controling, self-appointed town mayor/grocery-store-owner/chairman of the stars hollow historical society/etc. Taylor Doose,
(his character does drive me insane), and I have to admit that without him, this fictional town would be quite devoid of whimsy. He plans and produces all the totally awesome town events that everyone takes part in, and he keeps the town historical, which is annoying...but definitely as he puts it "part of the charm".

What I'm trying to say is, I want my own stars hollow, conneticut. I'll find it someday I suppose. I just wish it was now.

I would write more, but I got distracted mid-post by a cafe-press shop selling gilmore girls merchandise, and now the monkey's awake. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment