Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday night lineup...wow!

I can't tell you how much I love wednesdays now!
So, the monkey goes to sleep at 8 every night, and husband doesn't get home until around midnight on average. That leaves several hours for me to get things done, and/or watch tv.
Unfortunately there isn't much for good television usually.
Well, abc has just made me a happy, happy woman on wednesday nights.

Tonight was three premieres for 3 new shows. I saw previews for them all and they didn't look particularly amazing, but I was intrigued. Oh-my-god.
At 9:00 I now watch Modern Family, followed by Cougar Town at 9:30, and my favorite, Eastwick at 10:00.

For the first hour I laughed so hard I almost cried. Modern family was hilarious, seriously. Realistic humor always gets me. God, I love every single character in that show, so comedically yet realistically flawed. I love a good character flaw. The only character sans flaw would be Lily, the Vietnamese baby who is, btw, adorable.



Then Cougar Town (which I only watched because I was waiting for Eastwick and there was nothing else on at 9:30) really surprised me. I wasn't expecting to actually like it, but there I was sitting on the couch with my mother of all people, laughing hysterically as this recently-divorced single mother with a child-of-an-ex-husband got into one adult sized pickle after another. (seriously, kids should be no where in the room for this one, although what should we expect from Courtney Cox after Dirt).


Then there was Eastwick. Wow. It was even better than I was hoping it would be, and I'm really hoping it draws a big audience so we can keep it on the air. The whole show has this magical feeling to it. Its the colors, the music, and the actors themselves. It's nothing like charmed aside from there being 3 women with mystical powers. Not near as dark, and the story line is just completely different. The whole show made me feel so, happy and excited, and empowered.

So here's my list of TV shows I like, just so you have something to compare to:

-Supernatural
-Smallville
-Friends
-That 70's Show
-House
-CSI
-Gossip Girl
-Charmed
-Gilmore Girls
-Scrubs
-Bones
-Will and Grace

-NCIS
-HGTV's Design Star
-Color Splash
-Food Network Challenge: Cakes
-Ace of Cakes
-Cake Boss
-Iron Chef

And yes, I am aware that some of these shows aren't of the highest caliber, but everyone needs a guilty-pleasure show. Surely you wouldn't begrudge me that?
Anyway, what I'm saying is: next wednesday stay in, grab some chips/popcorn/chocolate/what-have-you, switch the channel to abc, and park your tush on the couch from 9:00-11:00. Just check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment