Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby shower!


 Yesterday marked my 32nd week of pregnancy, only eight more to go! And last weekend was my baby shower. It was small, just family and close friends, but it was so fun and relaxed! The colors were the same as my kids room is going to be, so a lot of the shower decor will find new life there. I have to say, my mom's sunroom is the perfect room for parties! We rearrange the furniture and add different decor for almost every shower and party we have. The snacks were made by my mother and I, the punch was a recipe I found on Pinterest and edited which I will share in another post, most food was made by my mother, one dish was made by my sister's mother-in-law, and as far as decor I will include credits at the bottom. Without further ado, pictures!


These are the prize bags! We found the bags on clearance at Target, and I hot-glued twine and little mini-flags on them to match the larger banners we'd made.

The invitations were SO cute. We found them on Etsy (credit below), printed them at Walmart, and we found this frame again on clearance at Target!

These large poms we found on Etsy (credit below) and we used twine to hang them from the ceiling fan. They came with clear fishing line for hanging, but the garlands we bought from the same shop we ordered on twine so we wanted them to match.

These garlands were the best decoration! They are different shades of orange on twine, and we hung them from the curtains using safety pins.

We made several of these banners and hung them across the doorways and also above the present table. We bought all the paper at Michaels (most on clearance for 20 cents a sheet) and were able to get 3 good sized flags out of each sheet. Then we punched holes in the corners and threaded them onto twine in a specific pattern similar to the one on the invites.

These are the sweets made by my mother and I, and the cupcakes were iced by my sister and I. The marshmallows are dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles, and they're skewered on gray chevron paper straws. The pretzel rods are also dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles. The cupcakes were a special recipe created by my mom (almond vanilla, with sour cream in them which keeps them moist!), and the frosting was a special recipe also.





Me, my momma, and the little munchkin before the party started.

The flowers sent by my husband that arrived in the middle of the shower. :) He's so sweet! They were even prettier when they were all alive. In this picture only the carnations are still kicking.

Some party preview shots!






Credits:
Poms and pom garlands purchased from:                                       Pom+Love on Etsy
Invitations purchased from:                                                            katiedidesigns on Etsy
Gray striped paper straws purchased from:                                     BakeMeAParty on Etsy
Cute matching tin owl purchased from:                                           Ross
Yellow pillows (originally for the kids room) purchased from:             Target
Paper and twine for banners and assorted decor purchased from:     Michaels
The original Punch recipe can be found:                                          here (but we did tweak it a bit for ourselves, more on that later!)

2 comments:

  1. SUCH a cute blog and I love how the party turned out. Thank you so much for the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And of course! We owe most of the party to the fabulous Etsy shops we purchased from. Your invites were a hit by the way, and several people asked where we got them. :)

    ReplyDelete