Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All things Yummy...

So, I've started painting again. I'm doing some rough drafts for a piece I've been wanting to do for our wall. Tell me what you think:



The top one I did first. The shapes and details are pretty horrible because I did the whole thing from sketch to end product in about 30 minutes. The second one I took a little more time on. About an hour to an hour and a half.
Anyway, my issue is, my husband actually prefers something about the first one, but he doesn't know what it is, other than the fact that he thinks the bottom pear is too skinny and it's stem is too long.
I personally prefer the second. Bah.

I'm supposed to do the final one on my rather large canvas this weekend, because of the schedule I set for myself. (is that practicality sneaking in?)
Anyway, feedback would be most appreciated.


This is my pixelated cupcake. I know I know, it looks more like a muffin. The top is supposed to be frosting, but white doesn't show up well on white for some reason (hmm...wonder why?) and I hate putting random colored backgrounds that cause issues on paint. So I guess it can just be a muffin-cake. I'm playing around with a base I made and came up with a couple that I think are cute.
But what are they for you ask? Well, I'm thinking about re-creating them in felt. What do you think? Maybe not even felt. Maybe I'll actually make them like 3D plush stuffies for Monkey.
Any ideas?

And to conclude our yummy blog for today, we made lemon bars, double chocolate fudge bars, and actual cupcakes (not virtual ones...do not be confused!) all of which I will not eat! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I like the bold colors of the first painting more, but the tilt of the fruit and the shading is better in the second painting. Do you have a third one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third one is the "final product" I posted after this one. Unfortunately I never found what I felt it was missing, so it is still sitting on my art table waiting to be finished and hung on the wall. Since then I've done two other art pieces for family members, and I still can't come up with anything for this. Any ideas? It probably needs something for the background.

    ReplyDelete