Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hurray for the return of Home-made!

I just discovered "etsy.com" which is full of home-made goodies I drool over. Especially in the children's section.
I found a bunch of great idea's that I can just do myself (yippee!)


and some things I know I would screw up, so I'm considering just buying them from the site.

But they've also got adorable clothes, and entirely different sections such as candles, furniture, and my favorite: Geekery. Yup. Geekery. Which is pretty much anything funny, and sentimental with that innate geeky quality. Such as hand crocheted Star Wars characters, and miss pack-man wine bottle charms.


Priceless!

It's got me all excited to get some more done in the monkey's room. I hand-painted her name in block-letters and updated an old painting that once hung in my baby room, but that's about it wall-art-wise. My favorite is her armoire, which was originally my mom's old tv cabinet.


We painted it black to match her crib, and buttery-yellow on the inside to match her walls in the old apartment.
(By the way this is a HORRIBLE picture, its from our first apartment, and we couldn't do much with the room. I'll get a new pic up soon)

But speaking of the monkey, yet again she is waking up from nappy-time. I'll tell you how my (yikes!) home-made dessert turns out tomorrow!

1 comment: