Monday, January 14, 2013

B is for Baby, Blue, and Boy!

That's right! Baby Smith number 2 is a BOY! And not only that, but he has a name. Mr. Talon Cameron Smith is due May 4th. I can't wait!

A lot is changing with us (as always). My job at Target is supposed to be coming to an end at the end of February, mostly because Cameron is back to work at UNFI now (as of last week) and I'm ready to be done! Cameron really doesn't want me lifting heavy things much longer, so that's really the driving force behind it.
Cameron is on his last quarter of school, with only one class. He was trying to finish up last quarter but they canceled a class at the last minute, so now it's the only thing keeping him from being done. At the end of this quarter he will have his AA and be on track to becoming a certified Air Traffic Controller.
In the meantime the poor guy gets up at 5am 3 days a week to drive the two hours up to Auburn for school, then after class drives 2 hours back down to Ridgefield to start work, and doesn't get home until after 10:30 each night. Not. Pleasant. He sacrifices a lot for us, and I couldn't be more proud to have him!

We are in mom's house, again, but are just waiting for our apartment to be finished so we can move in sometime in March! My in-laws own the apartment building, and decided that it was time their 91-year-old resident moved to a retirement home. He's been living there alone for 41 years (and is a hoarder), and they are concerned that if anything were to happen to him no one would know. It's fortunate for us though, and hopefully he'll be happier surrounded by people his own age, with help a ring away. The apartment is currently gutted and not at all pretty, but they are completely remodeling it, so I can't wait to see the end result!

Also in March is my baby shower! It's planned for March 2nd. My mom and sister are throwing it, but we are all 3 planning it, which I love because I love to plan parties! Etsy has been our best friend thus far. :)
Orange Burst ... diy tissue paper pom garland // nursery // weddings // birthdays // party decorationsTeal ... 1 tissue paper pom // wedding reception // engagement party // bridal shower // party decorationsFabric Bunting  Flags Owls Print Nursery Decor Banner Wall Art Kids Room / Baby Shower Decor / Party Decor

Alexis is loving preschool, being 4, and sleeping in her new twin bed! The crib is going to Talon, and she's growing like crazy, so it was time. Cameron and I got my mom's old bed, my younger sister Jewell got our old bed, and Alexis now has Jewell's. It worked out wonderfully!

Also! I am an auntie! :) My first sister to have a baby! Little sis Jenessa gave birth to Kashton Richard Kell on December 7th, and he couldn't be MORE beautiful! A quick pic of Lexi holding him right after he was born:

So that's it! You're caught up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment