Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shared Room Nursery Project: Stage 1

Edit: This project is finished! You can find those pics Here or Here.

Shared Kids' Bedroom Inspiration Room
Room Inspiration

So I can't honestly remember if I managed to mention at some point that the apartment we are moving into is being gutted and renovated or not, but that's where we are at with that. In the meantime we are living at my mother's (again...good grief) surrounded by boxes not worth unpacking, with half the furniture in her garage.
My poor mother.
Anyhoo, while we are here I am still nesting, acquiring things, and planning for the kids room at the apartment, which is super fun! Even if the stuff is all being piled up in one corner of our living space. Lexi has moved to a twin bed, so the crib will go to Talon, we got a changing table at a resale shop nearby, got a high chair for cheap from a friend, got our old dresser back from said friend, got my childhood toy box from my mother, and have steadily acquired clothing from the resale shop and my sister (who's little guy is almost 2 months old!!) as well as blankets with matching burpies from my lovely sister-in-law.
While we are here, I figure I can plan out the kids soon-to-be shared room as best I can, and this has actually proven to be really fun!
Color scheme

These are the colors for the kids room. In real life Carrot Cake looks a lot brighter on the swatch than it does here, so I added the Pecan Praline here because it more accurately represents the color we are going for. The Stone Mason Gray is going to go on the walls, and the Almost Charcoal is going to be the crib and dresser. Lexi's bed, the toy box, and the toy organizer are all white. Nothing is actually going to be painted the blue, orange, or yellow (yet anyway), they are just representatives of the accent colors in the room.
OH MY GOSH PERFECT for LexiOliver B Crib Sheet - Orange Mod Dots
The bedding we bought for Lexi's room (left) And Talon's crib sheet (right)

We are having to piece together Talon's bedding from individual places because I have yet to find any crib bedding in our color scheme. We found this orange sheet at Target (the bedding is target too), and are looking at custom made crib skirts and bumpers on Etsy to try to bring all the colors together. Lexi's bed will have orange sheets also, which I finally found at JCPenny in the right color and size (harder than you would think!) and with good reviews as to the quality. I'm hoping to bring the colors together with pillows and blankets also.
Xhilaration® Floral Square Knot Sham - Citron Toss pillow - OwlBoho Boutique™ Knotted Yarns Pillow - Turquoise ( 12x12")TOO by Blu Dot Take a Seat Toss Pillow (18x18")Target Home™ Jute Blocks Toss Pillow - Gray (18x18")Super Easy Crib Blanket
We found all of these pillows at Target (I work there, so the discount makes it worth it to shop there almost exclusively!) And the pillow is actually from a tutorial I found on Pinterest.

And the baby shower is in the same sort of color scheme, so things like the orange pom garland, and paper bunting banner will make great accent pieces on the walls in the kid's room! I'll post pics of those in a later post. I have a big inspiration board for this room on Pinterest called For Our Kids Room. Pinterest has been so helpful with planning these kinds of things! I just love it.
9 Feet Banner, 21 Flag Bunting, Orange, Aqua Chevron, Grey, Yellow Polka Dot, Lime Argyle, Baby Boy Nursery Decor, Wedding, Birthday GarlandYellow pillow and gray throw (for our yellow, gray, blue, and orange color scheme)
These are some more inspiration pics for me. The banner in the middle is from Etsy, and I have actually considered buying it for the kids room.

So this gives you a good idea of what we *hope* the kid's room will look like. Stay tuned for the real deal, and pics of the baby shower and decor!

::Credits::

Monkey inspiration room: Chiccheapnursery.com
Paint: Valspar
Chevron bedding: Target here
Orange crib sheet: Target here
Pillows 1-5: Target
Blanket: Purlbee.com
Dark gray with rainbow inspiration room: Chiccheapnursery.com
Banner: Etsy here
Gray & yellow inspiration room: Chiccheapnursery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment